Thursday 29 November 2007


Didn't go to the works on Wednesday in the end - Dave tweaked a finger (its fine now) so he rested. I had a (really) good fingerboard session in the afternoon, and headed down to ponds forge in the evening for a core training workshop.

The difficulty team had organised a session with Nick Baker, a beast who is on the GB diving team (so needs to have a steely core and good flexibility). Some of us boulderers tagged along too.

As you can see it was quite entertaining...

Katy was enjoying herself anyway!

He showed us various core exercises and stretches etc. to allow us to move better. All was going well until he spied me (i was hiding at the back, trying to blend in with the white walls), and made me demonstrate some things to the others, as apparently i am quite flexible...
Not funny.
It was a good session, but i still prefer my front lever/scorpion kick/weighted sit-up sessions.
Gaz's version of events...
Thursday evening was a campus/fitness session at the works. The others (Dave, Dan and Tony) were looking strong. Campussing went well, until i got a blister on my finger and fitness went well (apart from looking like a punter falling off easy problems).

I think i am over the lurgy almost fully now. Brilliant. Having an easy week probably did me some good.

Resting tomorrow, then out at the weekend or indoors if/when it rains.

No comments: